The Susannah Wesley Community Center is a multi-service community and social service center that has provided much needed programs and services to the residents of Kalihi-Palama for over 100 years. The Center was first established in 1899 with a $500 grant from the National Home Missionary Society (of what is today the United Methodist Church) to provide English and sewing lessons to Korean and Japanese immigrant women working on the plantations of Waipahu.
SWCC has evolved into a multi-service community center to better address the ever changing needs of the children, adults and families in the community by developing many exciting and innovative community-based programs and services over the years. The programs are integrated to provide comprehensive services that promote the self-sufficiency of each individual and family.
Susannah Wesley is a “Mission” agency that continues its proud history of working with the most forgotten and neglected, those that “fall between the cracks” of traditional social services.