Workforce Development & Distance Learning Programs
Digital Learning Programs
In coordination with Farrington Community School for Adults (FCSA) and McKinley Community School for Adults (MCSA), SWCC is a site for Digital Learning.
Classes are held on Monday and Wednesday 5:00pm-7:00pm or Tuesday and Thursday 10:00am-12:00pm.
Cost is $45.00 for 12 weeks sessions
Ø Workforce Development Diploma (WDD)
• Anyone 18-21 years of age who has not earned a high school diploma.
• Anyone 16-17 years of age must provide a copy their school discharge (4140) form signed by principal and complex superintendent.
• Participants must complete appropriate program screening and registration procedures.
PURPOSE AND CONTENT
The Work Readiness Academy prepares adult learners to be career and workforce ready by mastering key skill areas sought out by today’s employers. Key skills emphasized in the Work Readiness Academy are those necessary to secure a job and skills necessary to be successful as well. Students will set career goals, build professional resumes, prepare for the interview process, increase their computer literacy skills, and develop their financial literacy skills.
Ø Online High School Equivalency Preparation Courses for the GED ® or HiSET
Schedule of classes subject to change without notice please call 808 847-1535 for more information.
Distance Learning Programs
In coordination with Farrington Community School for Adults (FCSA) and Moanalua Community School for Adults (MCSA), SWCC is a site for the Distance Learning Computer Lab for GED/HISET Essential Education , CASAS Academy (ABE) and Work Essentials during the day hours. The Lab accommodates students who cannot attend the evening lab at the Community School and who want to put in more lab hours. SWCC is offering FCSA and MCSA student’s access to our Computer Lab on T, TH 10-12 noon so that students can do their online work and prepare to take the GED or HISET tests.
- GED/HiSET Prep
- CASAS Academy (Adult Basic Education-ABE)
- Work Essentials: Work Essentials is a combination of the DOE’s work essentials lab and SWCC’s work readiness program. The Work Essentials lab provides not only computer on line work but 5 offline assignments. The lab is offered on M, F (3 hours each day or 6 hr/week with the option of joining the T/Th lab to do extra work). The online curriculum includes 3 areas; work essentials, financial literacy, and computer literacy. The 5 off line assignments includes 1) complete 5 job applications; 2) participate in life skills activities; 3) complete 1 mock interview; 4) attend 1 dress for success workshop; and 5) complete 1 job shadowing opportunity.
- The cost is $45.00 for 13 week sessions.
Schedule of classes subject to change without notice please call 808 440-5812 for more information.
Please call (808) 847-1535 for more information or to register for our Distance Learning or Workforce Development Programs.